HISTORY AND TRADITIONS OF THE PORT OF HAI PHONG


2014:

On 01/07/2014, The Port of Hai Phong changed its legal form into a joint stock company.


2007:

On 12/10/2007, The Port of Hai Phong changed its legal form into Hai Phong Port Holding Limited Liability Company under Vietnam National Shipping Lines.


1995:

On 29/4/1995, The Port of Hai Phong became a company under Vietnam National Shipping Lines.


1978:

On 28/11/1978, The Port of Hai Phong became a company under General Directorate of Maritime affairs.


1965:

On 10/7/1965, The Port of Hai Phong became an enterprise under Maritime Shipping Directorate


1960:

On 10/01/1960, Uncle Ho visited The Port of  Hai Phong for the third time (received 922 nationals from Thailand).


1956:

On 21/03/1956, The Port of Hai Phong became an enterprise under the operation and management of the Ministry of Transport.


1955:

On 30/05/1955, Uncle Ho visited The Port of  Hai Phong for the second time. 02 ships of French nationality (name SAINT VALERY EN CAUX and LE VERDON) safely moored on May 1955. The Port of Hai Phong was named on the International Maritime Map as the largest commercial port in the North of Vietnam.


1946:

On 20/10/1946, Uncle Ho visited The Port of Hai Phong for the first time (at Cau Ngu Wharf).


1929:

- On 24/11/1929: The fight for salary increase, drinking water, working hours decrease, anti-beating of 500 workers of the port gained victory.

- The 24th, November became the traditional day for "Solidarity - Resiliency - Creativeness" of The Port of Hai Phong.


1874:

The Port of Hai Phong was built with a large size consisting of six warehouses by French colonies (was called as Six - warehouse Station)


1857:

The Port of Hai Phong was named as Cam Watergate.